Steps to ISO 9001:2008 certification
In practice the following phases have to be completed before certification is achieved:
1. If you wish to apply for the ISO 9001 certification programme, please complete an Application Form and return a signed copy to one of our branch office;
2. Control Union Certifications shall send you an Offer Letter. When you accept the offer, you kindly requested to return a signed copy of the offer letter. With that you have entered into an agreement with Control Union Certifications to join a Control Union Certifications ISO 9001 certification program.
3. Upon receipt of the signed offer letter Control Union Certifications shall send you a confirmation letter with an overview of your registration. You will be asked to send us the latest version of your Quality Manual;
The audit consists of 2 stages: document review and an on-site audit.
4. Before the document review takes place the licensee fee as mentioned in the Offer Letter has to be paid to Control Union Certifications, however the payment of the licensee fee is no guarantee for certification;
5. After the licensee fee and a copy of your Quality Manual has received the auditor review the documentation. The found non-conformities and an Audit Plan for the site visit will be sent to you. Please keep in mind that the audit focuses only on the business scope that you have mentioned in the application form.
6. Once the audit has been performed you will receive a report of findings. If applicable, the report details which corrective actions required and also set a deadline for implementation;
7. After receiving the evidences on the implementation of your corrective actions the auditor will verify those by document check or by on-site visit depending of the type of the non-conformity and the corrective action.
8. If all the non-conformities are resolved an ISO 9001 certificate will be granted.
9. Surveillance audits will take place to verify continuous conformity of the quality system.